Material Girl - Teaser

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Interview with Kim Halzle of Runwayrundown.com



Chicago Fashionistas here is one for your blogroll or bookmark section on your web browser or whatever fabulous tabbing technology you use!RunwayRundown.com gives you fabulous ladies the low down on hot designer fashion and how to get it without breaking the bank! Kim Halzle the fabulous fashionista and co-founder/editor-in-chief of the site brings readers a relentless breakdown of looks and how to get them for less. To die for, yes. The site is incredibly user friendly, informative and the best part: it just doesn't show some skinny chick showing off her look. While, yes, checking out fashion lookbook blogs is a must for inspiration, it's also not always the best inspiration for us real women.

RunwayRundown.com is the real deal. If you love haute designer fashion and want to find creative ways of garnering the look without peddling for cash, it's definitely a site you must check out! This daily fashion blog sources the hottest trends around the world and then, builds the same look for less! It's super user orientated and event allows you to search by season, designer, color, material or trend. When you're ready to rock your new look, Runway Rundown links you directly to the discounts!

It's technology and fashion at its greatest. A girls dream come true. If you like what you see keep on reading to learn more about runwayrundown.com and the fabulous Kim Halzle

1. Can you tell the readers a bit about your website?

Runway Rundown is a fashion blog featuring daily postings of a runway look paired with an affordable alternative. If ever you find an alternate item that you like, you can click through and purchase the item directly. It is a one stop shopping site. We aim to build up Runway Rundown to be the ultimate styling/trend reporting source online.

2. What made you decide to launch your own business and did any jobs you had in the past help you along this path?

One day it hit me that my "American Dream" would be to work for myself. I decided to I needed to get working on that now and started brainstorming what in enjoyed and what I was passionate about. Runway Rundown is the brain child between myself and my partner Jamie Evans. We put together our interests and talents to create this website. I pulled from my experience working in the fashion industry for a popular contemporary label in Los Angeles. My time spent working for the fashion designer helped me to learn the ins and outs of the industry and find my place in what inspired me.

3. Where do you guys find your inspiration (magazines, sites, books?)

The inspiration is all based on my personal preferences. I am forecasting trends as soon as the looks hit the runways, which is the same time editors from magazines like Elle, Cosmopolitan, etc are planning out their future magazine spreads. Its fun for me to see looks I chose from the runways printed in magazines, and I posted them on my website before they even printed them! Style.com is my ultimate source for viewing runway trends. Since I can't physically be at runway shows, they are my go to site for viewing every look. When I have the time, I also love to go on youtube to view the actual runway video footage. I find the production of the music, lighting and stage set up totally bring a collection together. Its very inspiring to watch. I honestly don't get much time to scour magazines anymore. That was a huge factor in why Runway Rundown's content is what it is. I wanted to take my favorite part of editorials and just feature that. When I get a chance to look through magazines my eye goes right to the designer looks and ways I can afford them.

4. Can you walk us through a typical work day for you? (ie. what's the first thing you do in the AM, how does your work flow, do you work set hours and do you have another job aside from the blog?)

Honestly, I am in the process of growing Runway Rundown to eventually dedicate myself to it full time. So currently, I find time to work on the site in the evenings and on the weekends. I am looking forward to having Runway Rundown on the brain full time and consuming myself with growing the brand and myself at the same time.

5. What is the hardest part about being your own boss, writing a blog and what is the best part about it?

The best part is that I work for myself. I make my own hours and I tell myself what to do. The hardest part is making sure I stick to those hours and that I keep myself motivated to tell myself what to do.

6. Who do you feel are 3 up and coming influential designers that deserve some spotlight and why?

I am so loyal to specific designers that I have little time to keep up with all the up and coming designers. Terrible, I know...because at one time Lanvin was a new label and someone paid attention to them and supported them. I am going to make an effort to keep up with new designers and support them along their ride. But some of my favorite labels are: Marchesa, Jenni Kayne, Lanvin, Alberta Ferreti, Isabel Marant, omg this list could go on and on.

7. What are your top 5 favorite blogs to scout?

Since the content of my blog is very diffrent from the traditional fashion blog, I don't do much fashion blog scouting. Most other fashion bloggers solely feature pictures of themselves in their daily outfits. While I love checking in on these blogs to see what girls are wearing all over the world, I dont rely on them for scouting research.
My favorite fashion sites are: Style.com, Shopstyle.com, NYMag.com

8. What are the top 4 trends you see for the up coming season and how can our readers incorporate these looks into their current wardrobe?

Lots of fun trends for FA11:

1. Fur-try to keep it faux. I'm loving Rachel Zoe's faux fur pieces available for sale on qvc.com right now.
2. Gold-The fall season is a great time to stock up on glitzy pieces for the Holiday season. Sorry haters, sequins aren't going anywhere just yet. And you can always rely on a great gold brocade piece to set you apart from everyone else.
3. Floorlength-People associate the word "Maxi" with an outdated trend. Sorry again, floor length everything is amazing right now. Michael Kors has some amazing plain and sequin fitted floor length skirts that are beyond!
4. Wraps-I'm loving huge, oversized, chunky wrap sweaters for Fall. 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent has some amazing sweaters for Fall.

9. How do you feel blogging and social media has affected the fashion industry today?

I think it has turned it upside down and inside out. Through the social media outlet, the industry has opened up and found a way to reach viewers everywhere and bring those viewers together. To me the fashion industry has changed greatly through fashion bloggers because fashionistas have found a way to unite and share their fashion influences with others. Everyone has their own take on designer trends and that has resulted in a gigantic community of fashion goers wanting to share their inspirations.

10. Where can we learn more about runwayrundown.com and can we follow you/find you on facebook & twitter?

Check in on the "In the Press" page on our website
http://www.runwayrundown.com/press/

our find us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Runway-Rundown/112174579085?ref=ts

or on twitter at "runwayrundown1"

Become a fan on Facebook!

Follow the CFTE on Twitter! Follow ChicLezan on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chipped Red Polish on MYSPACE