Material Girl - Teaser

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Introduction


Hey guys!


Many of you know me already thru the THRIFT-For the Good Find Blog! For those of you who don't I will use this initial post to say hey! My name is Jenny and I am the co-owner and designer of the fashion line: Thrift-for the good find! Recently, Victoria and I joined an artist's collective called "Chipped Red Polish" and in part of joining that we each have branched out into our own specialized/personalized blog!


Just an FYI--Chipped Red Polish is a new crew in Chicago! We are a crew of young aspiring women who each have specialized talents in the arts! We will be hosting great events to promote our work and eachother! Be on the look out for information about up coming events, I will keep you posted!


Also--I will still be writing for THRIFT on a weekly basis as I always do and most of the info will be Thrifter and eco-friendly based in conjunction with showcasing the pieces of the THRIFT fashion line. So, definitely keep posted to that if that is what you love!


This blog, on the other hand, will be catered more to my fashion reporting and design work.....I will utilize my graphic design backgroung, fashion journalism background and of course fashion design background to keep you up to date on the latest trends, hot designers and fashion/art related events in the Chicago-land area! I will also add some fun personal insights on life as well! Like what it is like to be a 23 year old mom with a 1 year old daughter and still be fun and hip in this industry!


Now, on to the introduction! As I said before, I am a freelance fashion stylist, graphic designer, fashion journalist and co-owner/designer of THRIFT! I currently do fashion editorials for multiple Chicago Magazines including: The Chicago Examiner, Chicago Splash Magazine and CHIRemezcla (a Latino cultural e-zine)! I also write for a Philly based magazine called The Wave. All the mags and my articles are linked to this blog so please feel free to check them out!!


I am a 23 year old Puerto Rican woman who grew up in Humboldt Park and have worked my behind off to succeed at whatever I attempt in life! I truly believe that no one should allow themselves to be a victim of their circumstances! I never had much, but I always made the best out of what I did have! I have a 1 year old daughter and I am married..I graduated with an associates in Fashion Design and a bachelors in Fashion Marketing and Merchandising Management with a focus in graphic design and advertising!


Fashion is my passion--I know it is cliche, but it is true! I believe that you can feel and look good with just a tiny bit of effort, whether it be a touch of makeup or a pop of color in an otherwise plain outfit! I would consider Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe my two style icons and Coco Chanel my Fashion Goddess..Each classic and elegant, but each with their own spunky attitude and sexy glamour. I have an A type personality and at times can be incredibly OCD, but I am who I am and I am at a point in life where I understand I need to accept that!


I want to utilize this blog to offer my fashion musings and advice to those who enjoy reading them! I welcome suggestions, comments and yes even questions and style advice! I can be your personal stylist without the price, just hit me up with an email and I will get back to you within 3-5 days!


Take Care All!


Remember, "A girl should be two things in life, classy and fabulous" Coco Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chipped Red Polish on MYSPACE