Material Girl - Teaser

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jimmy Choo for H and M - I'm Lovin' It


What fashion diva who is an aspiring writer, artist, fashion maven didn't have a slight tinge of green envy for Carrie Bradshaw and her ultimate collection of fabulous designer duds and shoes?In all reality people, us writers, we barely make enough to live let alone purchase designer items worth hundreds to thousands of dollars a pop? I was looking through my december issues of Elle and Vogue and was thrilled to see stellar ads for Jimmy Choo's H&M line!

Well, as a self proclaimed bargain hunter, I am all about finding great deals! I don't necessarily believe in designer knock-offs (why buy a fake? just buy something with the same stylistic ideals??), BUT I do believe in finding garments with the same stylistic flare? What is even better is when the designers take a cue from the economy and decide that they can make their items within my realm of cash flow! It looks like there is a surging trend of designers and labels who are deciding that they no longer want to just be considered "luxury" items or brands and want to expand their targeted reach to people like me! Broke ass freelancers just trying to make a dollar out of 50 cents! ;)

So, my dear readers, designers like Alexander McQueen and yes JIMMY CHOO have decided to launch under stores like Target and H&M to get their brands into our homes. Now, my fellow budding writers, we can liken ourselves to Carrie ideals of fashion without breaking bank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chipped Red Polish on MYSPACE